Hey guys 🙂
(I have class until 6pm today so I’m trying to put this up as soon as I can)
I got a lot of help from Tyler on getting started with BeautifulSoup on Thursday and I have gotten the main structure of it done. It prints most of the data in a text file how I want it but it cuts off at the end. I haven’t gotten around to seeing what I did wrong since Friday morning as I ended up getting really sick over the weekend (migraines..oh dear). There is probably something going on in the loop I have that searches for all the < br > tags in the website’s html since those are what is nested around the data we need. I tested it with other tags and those work fine so it must just be the < br >.
Now that I am feeling a bit better, I plan on finishing up the BeautifulSoup code and try to get a script by tonight! I apologize that this is really short, I could not concentrate at all with the migraine going on.
Here are some of the data:
Nitrate, Salinity, pH
04/24/2013 12:30 16.55, 34.4769, 1.79E+308
04/24/2013 13:30 178.22, 31.6686, 1.79E+308
04/24/2013 14:30 44.12, 33.5704, 1.79E+308
04/24/2013 15:30 28.28, 33.8307, 1.79E+308
04/24/2013 16:30 9.9, 33.7895, 1.79E+308
04/24/2013 17:30 7.93, 33.7986, 1.79E+308
04/24/2013 18:30 7.86, 33.7997, 1.79E+308
04/24/2013 19:30 13.42, 33.814, 1.79E+308
04/24/2013 20:30 22.72, 33.8595, 1.79E+308
04/24/2013 21:30 27.79, 33.9344, 1.79E+308